Accommodations near Kinstone and links for Things to Do and Places to Eat/Drink in the area as well!
HOTELS / MOTELSFountain City Motel (5.5 mi NW) 810 South Main Street Fountain City, WI 54629 (608) 687-3111 Days Inn Winona
420 Cottonwood Dr Hwy-14 & Hwy-61 Winona, MN 55987 (507) 454-6930 Riverport Inn Express Suites (7.7 mi S) 900 Bruski Drive Winona, MN 55987 (507) 452-0606 The Plaza Hotel & Suites (8.0 mi S) 1025 Highway 61 East Winona, MN 55987 (507) 453-0303 Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Winona (8.1 mi S) 1128 Homer Road Winona, MN 55987 (888) 739-5949 Super-8 Motel (7.9 mi S) 1025 Sugar Loaf Road Winona, MN 55987 (507) 452-6066 Draft Horse Inn (24 mi NE) 1475 E Blaschko Ave
Arcadia, WI 54612
(608) 323-7900 Sugar Loaf Motel (8 mi S) 1066 Homer Road Winona, MN 55987 (507) 452-1491
- Pla-Mor Campground, Winona, MN
- Prairie Island Campground, Winona, MN
- Great River Bluffs State Park, Winona, MN
- Whitewater State Park, St. Charles, MN
- Merrick State Park, Fountain City, WI
- Perrot State Park, Trempealeau,WI
LODGES AND CABINS
- Buffalo County Resort, Waumandee, WI
- Cross Ridge Retreat, Fountain City, WI
- Hawks View Cottages and Lodges, Fountain City, WI
- Heaven’s Valley Lodge, Winona, MN
- The Drift Inn, Fountain City, WI
- White Deer Lodge, Arcadia, WI
Bed & Breakfast Locations
- Alexander Mansion B&B, Winona, MN
- Carriage House B&B, Winona, MN
- Village House Inn, Winona, MN
- Windom Park B&B, Winona, MN
Other hotels and accommodation options may be available; check out the following Trip Advisor links for possibilities.
Food/Drink & Things to Do
You can a variety of local eating establishments in nearly Winona, MN and Fountain City, WI – use these links: dining & nightlife (Visit Winona) and food and drink (Fountain City Business & Community). There is so much going on around here; take time to enjoy the beauty, culture, food and creativity!
THINGS TO DO
Winona, MN is the largest community nearby with a population of nearly 28,000. It is just 7 miles from Kinstone. Winona is a beautiful river town and cultural mecca.
It is home to:
- Great River Shakespeare Festival (with FREE Concerts on the Green!)
- Minnesota Beethoven Festival
- Frozen River Film Festival
- Midwest Music Fest
- and more!
It has outstanding art and history venues:
- Minnesota Marine Art Museum (see art inspired by rivers, lakes and streams; houses several pieces by the great masters like Renoir, Monet, Rembrandt and more)
- Winona County History Center & Museum (see the story of Winona through its artifacts and antiques – the museum is chock-a-block full of the history of this lumber-inspired town)
- Polish Cultural Institute & Museum (this fabulous place collects, exhibits, interprets and disseminates the heritage of the Kashubian Polish Culture – many long-time Winona residents hail from in and around the Kashubian District of Poland)
Fountain City, WI is the nearest Wisconsin town just 5 miles from Kinstone. With a population less than 1,000, it is a quaint river town with a charm all it’s own.
State Parks: There are numerous State Parks around the area with many options to hike, bike, bird-watch, fish, and more. Don’t miss the opportunity to take advantage of the Mississippi River for activity and fun. Fishing, swimming, canoeing, kayaking, boat tours, and more are available. Ask us about this and we’ll direct you to more information.
Bicycling: Kinstone is just a couple miles away from major biking trails. Also, Winona, MN is home to a group of dedicated mountain bikers. There are local mountain biking trails that they maintain (check them out at Winona Area Mountain Bikers).