Come experience KIRTAN with us and even sing along here at Kinstone in our beautiful stone circle. Lotus Head, a transcendental lounge and kirtan band from Viroqua Wisconsin will lead us in this enchanting musical encounter. They will perform mostly original kirtan compositions designed to assist us in connecting with our wholeness. Be ready to raise your vibrations with their mystical music, ancient chants and powerful affirmations.
Jai Lynn leads with lyrics, harmonium and percussion. She will guide us into harmony. Monte plays gong and drums (as well as bass and piano when power is available!); he has over 30 years of musical experience. Together Jai Lynn and Monte create an awakening and transcendental experience.
So, you may ask, WHAT IS KIRTAN??? Read on…
Kirtan is music. It may be quite a different kind of music than you are used to. It comes from India and largely consists of mantras or chants sung by a leader and then repeated by the audience. It’s a kind of sing-a-long. Many of the songs are sung in Sanskrit and are based on ancient chants. Since you do not know the words, you can immerse yourself in the music and quiet your mind. It can be a very meditative and magical experience.
The following italicized text is quoted from Kitzie Stern, producer of the podcast, New World Kirtan:
“What is Kirtan?
- It began in India centuries ago as a spiritual practice, and was known as the layman’s way to connect with the Divine.
- In the last ten years, kirtan has become a phenomenon across the United States, and has transformed musically to appeal to the ears of American audiences.
- Kirtan is a new kind of concert experience here in the West. It’s not so much a performance as a journey into the self through the practice of listening & singing. The leaders at a kirtan concert are called wallahs, and everyone is part of the music. My all-time favorite descriptions of a kirtan concert: “It’s like singing around a campfire”, “It’s like a hootenanny with meditation.”
- While singing along at a kirtan concert, you can experience your own voice becoming as beautiful as those performing—all voices merge together to become One Voice.
- Kirtan is a very simple & powerful way to meditate. It’s effortless & joyful; the music does the work for you as you flow with the melody & rhythm.
- The performers & the concert-goers create the experience together.
- The chants are sung in Sanskrit unless you attend a Sikh kirtan ( e.g. Snatam Kaur). The ancient chants contain powerful renewing & transformative energy that helps us reconnect with the Divinity that resides within all of us.
- Singing is the heart of kirtan, and no one cares what you sound like. At a kirtan concert all voices merge together to become One Voice.
- Kirtan is non-denominational, the Universal language of Spirit, the song of the Soul.”
IMPORTANT: This is a non-smoking, alcohol free, kid-friendly event. This event will be held rain or shine. If the weather is not ideal for outdoor listening we will hold this event inside the Kinstone Education Center. No refunds.
Date: Friday, June 28, 2019 Time: 6:00 pm Tickets: $12.00 up to 24 hours in advance, $15.00 at the door. Kids 12 & under are FREE but must be accompanied by an adult registered for the event!
Purchase tickets through Eventbrite by clicking HERE or by clicking on the link labeled “Website:” in the right-hand column on this page; your printed receipt is required for entry.
Pay at the door (cash only) is possible but requires a reservation in advance, so if you plan to come and pay at the door please CONTACT US to register! Advanced payment is preferred.
NOTICE: Bring your own chair or blanket to sit on. Dress for the weather and bring your own insect repellent and/or sunscreen if needed. A flashlight may be helpful if you stay until dark. Park in designated parking areas. Upon arrival, proceed to the Stone Circle (or the Education Center Classroom if raining).
ABOUT LOTUS HEAD
Lotus Head is a transcendental lounge and kirtan band from Viroqua Wisconsin. They perform mostly original kirtan compositions designed to assist the audience in connecting with their wholeness. Lotus Head events are also designed to increase the audience’s manifesting abilities by raising their vibrations with the music, ancient chants and new powerful affirmations. Lotus Head works with both traditional and esoteric rhythms combined with mystical melodies and lyrics. Jai Lynn leads with lyrics, harmonium and percussion. She will guide the audience into harmony. Monte plays gong, bass, piano and drums. He has over 30 years of musical experience. Together Jai Lynn and Monte create an awakening and transcendental experience. FIND OUT MORE ABOUT LOTUS HEAD AT THIS LINK: https://imimindful.com/about-us