Experiencing Freedom from the After-Effects of Childhood Incest
This event is being held at Kinstone but is fully described, planned and managed by Doreen Johnson at The Aware Way. Sign up and read more about Doreen at her website: The Aware Way.
Doreen Johnson says the following about this retreat:
I have traveled a long journey of coming home to my true nature after realizing that I can and have overcome the many after-effects of childhood incest. As incest survivors, we have held back parts of ourselves that long to speak freely, to be seen and heard. We have traveled a “heroine’s journey” and most of us have not been able to celebrate our victories.
We have the courage to reveal what is most precious to us and our most hard-won victories. As our words are honored within the retreat in a caring way, miracles occur. You will:
- Discover the inner strength that arises when you interact with women who fully support you
- Shift the patterns that hold you back from realizing your dreams and the life you intend to create
- Claim the power of authenticity and compassionate truth telling
- Freely express the depth of your passion and enthusiasm.
COME TO THE RETREAT IF YOU STRUGGLE WITH ANY OF THESE ISSUES:
- Do you have problems taking care of yourself, a poor body image, eating disorders or emotional eating?
- Do you monitor what you say and how you say it to avoid punishment or shaming? Are you generally secretive and fear that no one will listen to you?
- Do you have issues with behaviors like being startled easily, hypervigilance, perfectionism, being overly busy, washing compulsively, or cleaning meticulously?
- Do you experience intermittent panic attacks? Are you anxious about being watched or of being surprised? Do you frequently numb emotions? Have you learned to be invisible?
- Do you have difficulty in managing overwhelming emotions including fear, sadness, anger and rage?
- Do you feel different or crazy? Do you deny what is happening around you? Do you take unnecessary risks or avoid risk taking altogether?
- Is sexuality an issue for you? For example, not wanting to be touched in a particular way, being promiscuous, avoiding sex, using sex to calm yourself etc.
- Do you have recurring nightmares, are you afraid of the dark or do you feel unsafe at night?
- Do you have a tendency to be overly honest or dishonest?
- Are memories from periods of your life missing?
SIGN UP FOR THIS RETREAT DIRECTLY WITH DOREEN HERE: ENROLL