So, you are interested in visiting Kinstone! Come on over, we would love to meet you!
PLEASE NOTE that we are only open during the SPRING-SUMMER-FALL SEASON each year.
OPEN HOURS: We are open daily 10:00am to 6:00pm from May 1 through October 31!
We are CLOSED in winter, November through April.
- WHAT TO DO UPON ARRIVAL: Park, Pay, Enjoy – For the best experience, please read all the notices on this message board as we post new information periodically, including changes in hours, cost, and upcoming events. Thank you!
- PORTABLE TOILETS are available for your comfort. One is on the east side of the Education Center and another is near the road near the Event Parking Area.
- NO SMOKING except in designated area (only on one end of the Education Center Porch)
- NO ALCOHOL – alcohol may not be brought in by visitors.
- CHILDREN under 18 must be supervised by a responsible adult at all times.
- PHOTOGRAPHY is allowed for personal use only. No commercial photography or formal photo sessions are allowed without a permit and prior arrangement.
- Permission and prior arrangements are required for: drones, drone photography, commercial or professional photography, any photographic sessions (professional or amateur) that involve portraits, graduation photos, family photos, engagement photos, wedding photos, etc, fires, picnics, large groups, and special events. Contact Kinstone to inquire. Photography permits are $50 for a 4 hour session and you and your guest(s) must each also pay their admission fee ($5/person) to enter Kinstone.
- DOGS are allowed when on a leash and only when there are no events in progress. Owners must clean up after their dogs and ensure they are not disruptive to others.
- Important Note: There are neighborhood dogs that sometimes run loose around Kinstone. Firmly tell them to “Go Home!” DO NOT ENGAGE WITH THESE DOGS! Do not pet or reach out to them in any way, even if they seem friendly. Kinstone assumes no responsibility for the actions of these dogs.
Enjoy your visit! Please use common sense, kindness and courtesy at all times!
NOTE: Kinstone is available during the above OPEN HOURS for self guided tours. If you wish to speak with a staff person during your visit, please make an advance appointment by using the Contact Us link. Also, if you wish to visit Kinstone outside of our posted open hours, please make an advance appointment.
If you or your group wish to have a guided tour of the grounds or an individual question/answer session with a Kinstone staff person, please check out the Field Trips & Tours page for details. In any case, you must arrange such field trips, tours or sessions in advance by calling the Kinstone office at 608-687-3332. We look forward to hearing from you!