We have many people who have given their time and talent to the development of Kinstone. If you wish to join us as a volunteer and make a contribution to this inspiring megalithic garden and showcase of sustainable living and design, read on to discover how.
I volunteered to work on the cordwood chapel. What an inspiration! Also, I have shared my astronomy knowledge and telescopes to help the Kinstone crew view the moon, planets, nebulae, star clusters and more in the night sky. Kinstone is an awesome place with an energy all its own. I look forward to giving more time there.” ~ Jon Dannehy
Day Volunteers: Those interested in coming to Kinstone to volunteer for a day or two periodically should contact us to discuss the possibility. Upon your initial contact, please provide answers to these basic questions:
- Why do you want to volunteer?
- How often do you want to volunteer? (Just one day? One day per week? Three days per month? etc…)
- Where are you from? How far are you traveling to volunteer each time?
- What skills do you have?
- What kind of work do you want to volunteer to do at Kinstone?
- How did you hear about Kinstone?
- Do you have any Permaculture knowledge / experience? If so, describe it briefly.
Once you are accepted as a volunteer, please note that we require all volunteers to register with us in advance of performing any volunteer activities. Call your assigned contact person in advance of arriving and then also sign in at the Kinstone Main Office before beginning any work… every time you volunteer.
Skills we are seeking at present:
- Gardening (planting, weeding, composting, mulching, harvesting)
- Landscape Maintenance (mowing, trimming, pruning)
- Animal Care (cleaning out pens, milking goats, trimming goat hooves, watering chickens and ducks)
- Marketing and promotion, graphic design, video & film
- Earthworks, stone work, maintenance of paths and trails
- Tree care (pruning, clearing/trimming around young trees, coppicing)